COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
We write to share an update on our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and to share steps we are now implementing within our organization. Please read below newly established guidelines surrounding our business operations. They are intended to help protect our employees, customers and communities, and better allow us to continue providing our essential services.
First and foremost, we remain focused on the health and welfare of our employees, customers, and partners. While it is impossible to predict the precise impact this pandemic will have in the communities we serve, we are committed to taking the appropriate steps to ensure our network and services continue to operate seamlessly for our customers.
These guidelines are now in effect and will remain in effect until Thursday, April 30. We will continue to monitor this issue carefully, relying on guidance from experts at the Center for Disease Control and our state Health Departments, and will communicate any updates as they become available.
The following outlines the newly established guidelines.
- Shentel’s internal COVID-19 task force maintains close links with local, state, and federal agencies for advice and guidance on best practices in response to this situation.
- Shentel’s core networks are designed with geographically redundant equipment and diverse fiber facilities to support maximum uptime. All network devices support secure remote management and monitoring capabilities.
- Shentel maintains geographically diverse customer service, tech support, and operations centers. Our critical Network Operations Center technicians are also enabled with remote work capabilities to answer calls, log tickets, and troubleshoot issues should the need arise. As always, our NOC will remain available 24/7 and may be contacted at 1-800-SHENTEL.
- Shentel has increased the number and intensity of the cleaning efforts that take place in our offices and other company-run facilities including our retail stores.
- Shentel has limited all non-essential travel, in-person meetings and large employee events or gatherings to reduce the risk of exposure.
- Shentel maintenance and repair activities requiring on-site support are performed by local engineers and technicians when such work is unavoidable. This process will continue unless events require us to adjust this support model. We will, of course, adhere to any customer-initiated restrictions regarding on-site personnel.
Shentel has been supporting and maintaining reliable networks for over 100 years. We value our customers and understand the important role we play in supporting their telecommunication needs. It is our intention to continue providing you with best-in-class service and peace of mind during this uncertain time.
Please contact your Shentel account representative if you have any questions about this communication or the Shentel Network Operations Center for service-related issues.
Shentel will continue to monitor this extremely fluid situation and update its COVID-19 plans as appropriate. We will continue to proactively communicate with our valued customers and inform them of new developments that may impact them.
Thank you for your business and partnership with Shentel.